Renovating my room

I wanted to do a blog about the renovations to my room. up to present.....

This is how the room looked when when bought the house in May 2019 


This room was in particularly bad condition. it had paint peeling on most of the walls, only one plug socket. And because of the old render some of the walls had become sandy and the render had started to fall off. The doors were full of Woodworm (or termites) not sure which? 

so we had to Destroy the doors , have some new plugs / Electrics, then it was time to sand all the walls down and get rid of all that old (bubbled paint). the photo below is after sanding. 




Then it was time to render the walls (details of the render we used can be found on another blog. 







after the rendering I gave the walls 2 coats of PVA mixed with water to a thick milk consistency, this was to seal all the render. I shipped the PVA on my last shipment with Algarve removals but I guess it can be bought easily at Leroy Merlin. 






 Then it was time to paint. The paint we used was exterior paint from Leroy Merlin priced at around 60 euros for 5 Litres. We found this was the best and I would recommend using exterior paint indoors when the walls are as bad as these. The room required 2 coats and I used the full 5 Litres. 






after the painting we had Graham from GB maintenance do the tiling. We used the same grey 60x60 tiles we used throughout and they are 13.99 per sq metre from Leroy Merlin. the room was around 10 Sq Metres. 























Comments

Popular Posts